Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
ColegauCymru / CollegesWales is running a Welsh Government funded project to support colleges as they prepare for the implementation of the ALNET Act. This forms part of the ALN Transformation Fund, that supports the employment of an ALN Transformation Lead whose responsibility is to:
- Provide colleges with support and challenge as they prepare for the implementation of ALNET
- Work closely with the four regional Transformation Leads (who are supporting the local authorities, schools and colleges in their region) to ensure a ‘joined-up’ approach to transformation
- Promote effective partnerships between colleges, local authorities, schools, health boards and the third sector
- Provide an interface between colleges and the Welsh Government ALNET Team
- Support the Welsh Government’s communication strategy to ensure that all stakeholders understand the implications of ALNET and are able to play an appropriate role in its implementation.
The project will also fund a small number of regional and national events to encourage consistent progress.